General category for help with FreeNAS. Please post in the appropriate sub-category when possible.
Use this category, and its subcategories, for support discussions about FreeNAS. Please do your best to find an answer before posting–resources to consider include the FreeNAS Manual, Uncle Fester’s Beginner’s Guide, and a forum search.
When asking for help, help us help you–the more information you give us, the more likely it is that we’ll be able to give you a timely and accurate answer. In most cases, you should include the following information:
- A detailed description of exactly what you’re trying to accomplish
- A detailed description of what you did
- A detailed description of what happened, especially including the exact text of any error messages
- If it isn’t entirely obvious, a detailed description of how “what happened” differed from “what you expected to happen”
- The version of FreeNAS you’re running
- Your hardware configuration–at a minimum, motherboard, CPU(s), RAM, disk controller, disks, and pool configuration
In addition, use a descriptive topic title–“I need help” doesn’t tell the rest of us anything about what you need help with. You’ll be much more likely to catch the attention of someone who can help you with a descriptive title, like “Help installing Plex in a jail under 11.2-U5”.