Scripted installation of Nextcloud 17 in an iocage jail

I’ve written a script to install Nextcloud 17 in an iocage jail under FreeNAS 11.2. This script uses the Caddy web server, which will manage Let’s Encrypt TLS certificates for you automatically. It creates the jail, installs and configures the web server, the database server, Nextcloud itself, and all its other dependencies. The script itself, and further instructions, are on GitHub:

With the release of Nextcloud 17, I’ve created a new branch of this script to install that version. To try it out, run git clone -b nextcloud-17 https://github.com/danb35/freenas-iocage-nextcloud.git. It installs fine for me, but has had only minimal testing. I’ll probably merge this into master in a week or so if I don’t find or hear of any problems with it.

With this branch, I’ve also added a simple script to remove the Let’s Encrypt staging CA from your Caddyfile and obtain a trusted cert. See either the README or the end of the script’s output for more information.

I’ve made a few updates to the nextcloud-17 branch, mainly to update the Caddyfiles for pretty URLs and to increase some timeouts. It looks like it’s working well and will probably be merged into master shortly. In testing, I’ve been able to upload files up to 15 GB through the web UI without any problems.

The nextcloud-17 branch is now merged into master.